Labels

Saturday 15 June 2013

Steel Authority Of India Limited
Management Trainee
Sample Examination Paper
Q.1.Two coils in differential connection have self-inductance of 2 mH and 4 mH and a mutual inductance of 0.15 mH. The equivalent inductance of the combination is
  • 5.7 mH
  • 5.85 mH
  • 6 mH
  • 6.15 mH.
Q.2.In a 8085 microprocessor system with memory mapped I / 0,
  • I / 0 devices have 8-bit addresses
  • I / 0 devices are accessed using IN and OUT instructions
  • there can be a maximum of 256 input devices and 256 output devices.
  • arithmetic and logic operations can be directly performed with the I / 0 data.
Q.3.When 2-port networks are connected in parallel, which parameters convenient to use
  • inverse hybrid
  • open circuit impedance
  • short circuit admittance
  • transmission
Q.4.The number of comparators needed in a 4-bit flash type ADC is
  • 32
  • 8
  • 14
  • 15
Q.5.Line imperfection in a crystal is called
  • Schottky defect
  • Frenkel defect
  • edge dislocation
  • Miller defect.
Q.6.The frequency modulated (FM) radio frequency range is nearly
  • 250 - 300 MHz
  • 150 - 200 MHz
  • 90 - 105 MHz
  • 30 - 70 MHz
Q.7.A 10 MHz square wave clocks a 5-bit ripple counter. The frequency of third flip-flop’s output would be
  • 2
  • 1
  • 2.5
  • 1.25
Q.8.Which of the following regulator provides output voltage polarity reversal without a transformer
  • Buck regulator
  • Boost regulator
  • Buck-boost regulator
  • Cuk regulator
Q.9.The polarization required in ground wave propagation is
  • Horizontal (linear)
  • vertical (linear)
  • Circular
  • Elliptical
Q.10.If the noise figure of a receiver is 1.6, its equivalent noise temperature is
  • 464.00 K
  • 174.00 K
  • 108.75 K
  • 181.25 K
Q.11.The minimum value of the life of a transistor to be used in three section R-C phase shift oscillator is
  • 54.4
  • 44
  • 29
  • 32
Q.12.Multicavity Klystron
  • is not a microwave device
  • is not a good low level amplifier because of noise
  • is not suitable to pulse operation
  • has a high repeller voltage to insure small transit time
Q.13.The value of M in the end will be
Do 100 I = 1, 2
DO 200 J = 1, 2
M = M + I + J
200 CONTINUE
100 CONTINUE
STOP
END
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 14
Q.14.In TV system, vertical pulses are separated out from horizontal pulses by the use of
  • integrator
  • differentiator
  • sweep credit
  • sync separator
Q.15.Fourier’s series expansion of an odd periodic function contains
  • sine terms only
  • cosine terms only
  • Both A and B
  • None of the above
16. The following programme is run on an 8085 microprocessor,
Memory address in Hex Instruction
2000 LXI SP, 1000
2003 PUSH H
2004 PUSH D
2005 CALL 2050
2008 POP 2050
2009 HIT
As the completion of execution of the program, the program the program counter of the 8085 contains ………, and the stack pointer contains ……..
  • 2050, OFFC
  • 2251, OFFC
  • 1025, OCCF
  • 1025, OCCF
Q.17.200 MHz may be classified as
  • VHF
  • SHF
  • UHF
  • EHF
Q.18.The principles of homogeneity and super-position are applied to :
  • linear time variant systems
  • non-linear time variant systems
  • linear time invariant systems
  • non-linear time invariant systems.
Q.19.Dislocations in materials are
  • point defect
  • line defect
  • planer defect
  • surface defects.
Q.20.The binary representation of 5.375 is
  • 111.1011
  • 101.1101
  • 101.011
  • 111.001
Q.21.Which one out of the following instruments should be used to measure 600 kV a.c. voltages?
  • Hot wire instrument
  • Electrostatic voltmeter
  • Moving coil voltmeter
  • Moving iron voltmeter.
Q.22.For a LC parallel circuit at resonance, all the statements given below are correct except
  • the line current is maximum at resonance
  • the branch currents at resonance are equal
  • the admittance is minimum at resonance
  • the angle between the branch current is 180oC at resonance.
Q.23.The Taylor series expansion of the function F(x) = x/(1+x), around x=0 is
  • x+x2+x3+x4+…….
  • x+x2+x3+x4+…….
  • 2x+42+8x3+16x4+…….
  • x-x2+x3-x4+…….
Q.24.The mobility of electron in copper is :Given atomic weight = 63.54, density = 8.96 gm/cc, resistivity = 1.7×10–6 W-cm, Avogadro’s number = 6.025 ×1023
  • 30 cm2/V-5
  • 43.28 cm2/V-5
  • 50 cm2/V-5
  • data not sufficient
Q.25.If a square wave voltage having 5V average value is applied to a low pass filter, then average value of output is
  • 10 V
  • 2.5 V
  • 5 V
  • 0 V
Q.26.Resistivity of electrical conductors is most affected by
  • temperature
  • pressure
  • Composition
  • all of the above.
Q.27.In CCIR B-system of TV, blanking pulse is placed during
  • equalizing pulse
  • retrace interval between each line
  • retrace period of vertical line
  • none of the above.
Q.28.The capacity of a channel is
  • number of digits used in coding
  • volume of information it can take
  • maximum rate of information transmission
  • bandwidth required for information
Q.29.Sometimes microwave signals follow the earth’s curvature. This due to
  • Ionospheric reflection
  • Faraday rotation
  • Ducting
  • Ionospheric scatter.
Q.30.The function of diplexers bridge in a TV transmitter is
  • to prevent the loading of several transmitters by video transmitter
  • to increase the bandwidth
  • to increase the power output
  • to increase the efficiency of transmission.
META TAGS:-SAIL SAMPLE EXAM PAPERS I SAIL ELECTRICAL EXAM PAPERS I SAIL ELECTRONICS EXAM PAPERS I DOWNLOAD SAIL EXAM PAPERS I SAIL MODEL TEST PAPERS I SAIL MT SOLVED PAPERS I SAIL QUESTION PAPERS I SAIL PRACTICE PAPERS I SAIL LAST 5 YEAR EXAM PAPERS I SAIL LAST 10 YEAR QUESTION PAPERS I SAIL PREVIOUS YEAR SOLVED PAPERS I DOWNLOAD SAIL MODEL TEST PAPERS I SAIL ELECTRICAL EXAM PAPERS I SAIL ELECTRICAL PRACTICE PAPERS I SAIL OLD EXAM PAPERS I DOWNLOAD SAIL EXAM PAPERS IN PDF I SAIL STUDY MATERIALS I SAIL EXAM PATTERNS I SAIL SELECTION PROCESS I SAIL INTERVIEW QUESTIONS I SAIL RECRUITMENT PAPERS I SAIL CAMPUS PAPERS I SAIL CAMPUS PREPARATIONS I SAIL CAMPUS SOLVED PAPERS I SAIL LAST 5 YEARS QUESTION PAPERS I DOWNLOAD SAIL LATEST EXAM PAPERS I

0 comments:

Post a Comment